Monday, October 11, 2004

Companies that piss me off

I spent most of my life, so far at least, helping small business owners become big business owners. That's fun to do and fun to watch until the "big" thing happens.

Take the miracle idea of Microsoft. No, it wasn't the software. It was the license agreement. Don't let anyone kid you, Microsoft did what it did with the license agreement. Do you see another choice that lets you have access to a windows format that isn't associated with the "I agree" choice? Plus, they have their ass protected with fine print which protects them from a deserved sock in the nose if their licensed software screws up your computer. My computer is a brand new E-machine laptop widebody. Nifty. But Windows XP SP2 crashed it but good.

That's not Microsoft's fault. Check the fine print. XP is the Ford Pinto of the computer world. It has more faults than a teenage girl with acne. And the fix is the biggest fault of all.

I was going to call them but my AT&T cellphone got shut off because I didn't pay the 300% data overcharge on time.

That's OK, I have a long memory and my mother said I could carry a grudge into the next two generations.


Just think what Microsoft could have been if Gates had finished college.

No comments: