Thursday, October 28, 2004

The Abs Diet

Ok, I feel a little stupid. I'm late 50 something and I got suckered in. (They say advertising people are the easiest ones to sell.) I did Atkins and lost 15 pounds. Ten can home. I was pushing my pants again and I hate to shop for clothes. So....

There it was, The Abs Diet. It's a new program and book, complete with the nagging email newsletter and all. I found it on menshealth.com which is one of my favorite sites. There is a lot of good stuff there including receipes for smoothies and some other cool things. But their latest push was The Abs Diet book. I bit.

So now two workouts into this, I feel like the twenty year old still inside me is rolling on the floor laughing. "Ca'mon you old goat, it's just a crunch you can do it. You know a chiropractor. You know a shrink. Ca'mon just think how you will look when you go to the beach and play shuffleboard with the other old goats. LOL!!"

I'll show him. And I did. I pressed on. I am using heavy weights again--some up to 30 pounds even. My shoulder hurts, my butt hurts, my abs hurt. No pain. No gain. Even the dog turned his head while I was doing this. Whimper.

The reward was a Hallie Berry Smoothie. Some fruit. Some cooked oatmeal. Some protien powder, some 1% milk. Blend. Very pretty but it tasted like wallpaper paste. Yes, I know what wallpaper paste tastes like.

And I know how pain feels today.

Go ahead and laugh. I am going to be the stud at the old folks home. *sticks out tongue*

No comments: