Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Sound of a Super Hero

I would probably be a big 24 fan but there is only one problem. I can't hear it that well. Jack Bauer whispers through most of it. That is just not very super-heroee.

When I was a kid, I could hear The Lone Ranger 20 feet away with part of a peanut butter sandwich stuck in my ear. (We didn't worry about earcoli back then.) But try to listen to Jack. He whispers to Cloe. I can't get by that name either. The Buchanan's fat beagle was named Cloe. Go figure.

I never had a problem with hearing Festus, Matt, Kitty, or Doc. Muley could get a "whad he say?" out of my dad but the others did just fine. If you don't know what show that was, well you just don't know great television.

I don't know if I will ever get into 24 because of the whispering. It doesn't seem fair, does it? Just think where the country would be today if Archie had whispered to Edith?

No comments: