Monday, October 24, 2005

This week in Washington

This could be a very busy week in Washington.

Karl Rove could be charged with something. Scooter Libby is in the same boat. Did his dad make it big canning peas? The President's Supreme Court choice, what's-her-name, is out of the boat and sinking according to Sen. "Swallow the closest Microphone" Schumer. (And no, I don't know if I spelled all of their names right nor do I care.)

That's the key word. Care. Out here in what they call "fly over country" I don't think many of us do care. The exception is that growing number of our finest who are giving their lives in the service of freedom. Don't you guys dare pull another Viet Nam and that includes you, Senator Hagel. (He's one of our locals who went to Washington and got the big head that he was big stuff.)

The fact is, we don't care. Let them fly over. Let them fight. Let them swallow microphones in Washington. Let them choke on those microphones or whatever else they like to swallow out there. Even the cows are mad well errr...sick of them.

I have a solution, however. No, it's not a new party. That won't work. As soon as the new party leaders find the microphones, it will be sameo. We need something more dramatic than a new party. Perhaps we need a new city for the heart of government. I nominate Boise. The west is still alive out there and they have a nice long runway for Air Force One. Plus, they can give a new "spin" to corrupt politicians and "life is all about me" reporters.

Just hang 'em. I think the founders would like that.

No comments: