Monday, January 03, 2005

Diving into winter

Well, it's over.

So much for the holiday season. Nice for me and I hope for you and your's. Now it's time to dive into winter. I spent a good deal of time making plans and setting goals for 2005 and have actually already completed some of them. This is going to be a fun year for me.

Lincoln is getting an ice storm this morning. Buc got me up at 0:dark thirty to go do his outdoor stuff so I saddled up, clipped the leash on him and opened the door. He dashed out and went right on his snooter of course. The ears when up in complete surprise. He tried to stand and two of the four--one on each side--went out and he went down on the snooter again. He got back up, looked at me standing on the frozen grass as if he was waiting for me to unslick the sidewalk. No luck Bucco boy.

He worked his way over to the "spot" and got things done so it wasn't long before I was scraping windows and on the way to the Coffee House downtown. That was a good time to go since the streets were a tick or two above a mirror and no one but me was on them. Granted, a re-rack was in my mind but I left that up to my trusty dog and shortly after his breakfast, he was on top of the bed fast asleep.

It's time to dive into winter. That means it is time to get another going so it can turn out to be a challenging one for me. I have things to learn, places to go, and things to do.

The plans are in place and it's time to just dive into winter and make the best of it.

Thank God I only have two legs and a little more experience than my fall on his snooter dog.

No comments: